Happy Holidays from ArkAnglers!
A few news items:
1) We have an opening for a new manager at our Buena Vista shop. Details are below. Send cover letter and resume to: ArkAnglers, 7500 W. Highway 50, Salida, CO 81201
I. Compensation and Schedule
- $10.00 to $15.00 per hour wage depending on experience and expertise
- Pro pricing on all products
- April 1, 2010 thru October 31, 2010 (flexible)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Retail and Service sales
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Product Awareness
- Shop maintenance and cleaning
- Purchase orders, Receiving, Merchandising
- Daily reporting, Accounting, Reconciling
- Self Motivator
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of fly fishing
- Knowledge of the area
IV. Other considerations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Computer skills
- Fly Shop retail experience
- Experience as fly fishing guide
- Experience with Fly Tying
- Retail experience
- Fly tackle product awareness
2) We have a couple of great fly-tying demos coming up at our Pueblo shop. The first is Saturday, January 9th from 1:00-3:00 with Don Puterbaugh. The second is on Saturday, February 20th from 1:00 -3:00 with Charlie Craven. Call the Pueblo shop at 719-543-3900 for details.
3) The Pueblo Shop is offering beginner fly-tying classes on a monthly basis through March. January dates are tentatively scheduled for the 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th. Call them for more details.
4) There are two new maps out on the Pueblo Tailwater. The first covers from the dam to Pueblo Boulevard. The second is from City Park to Runyon SWA. Cost is $5.95 for one or 9.95 for the set.
5) All of our shops are offering our gift certificate special. Spend $50 and we’ll write it for $55. Or spend $100 and we’ll write it for $110.
6) A great gift idea is our Fly-Fishing 101 class. It is a full day of classroom instruction and on-river demonstration. Cost is $100 and includes a $100 gift certificate, good for gear in any of our three shops.
7) Special Pueblo hours! Due to the great fishing, the Pueblo shop will be open from 8:00 to 1:00 on the next three Sundays. Fishing in Pueblo is like a trip to a much warmer destination. It also features more oxygen than any other trout fishery in Colorado!
Enjoy the holidays!
The ArkAnglers Staff